Sunday, October 25, 2009

You have more to offer

Over the last few years, I have been told that I have "so much more to offer." I have believed this statement because it was said by people who know me best, and who wanted to see the best of me come out.

However, recently, I have come to resent the insight. Not because of who was saying it, but more because I have been desperately trying to discover what "more" of me there is and how to pull it out and put it to use. And I have developed hamster syndrome in the process...round and round and round and round and round and...well, you get the point. Hamster.

Today, however, I was reading in Philippians and the words of Paul spoke to me so deeply. Something is awakening in me that has been dormant for what I believe to be the majority of my walk with the Lord. I can't speak yet to what it may be or what is awakening it, but something is coming alive. All I can say is that scripture is breathing life to my bones more and more with each word.

I recognized through reading Philippians that perhaps this "more" others keep seeing sparks of in me, isn't really me at all. But rather this Jesus I am learning. The "more" that will eventually pop out will be when I am living out of the fullness of Christ in me. It won't be me at all, but Him.

I wait in anticipation for the day when I step back, look in on my life, whatever I'm doing and stand amazed that it is Christ working through me. That the legalistic ways have fallen away, that the man-pleasing has subsided, that fear is dulled and I can finally see how much "more I have to offer" shining through.

3 comments:

  1. AH! great post! Indeed...He is the MORE in us. He is the fullness of life.

    Beautiful thoughts, Mrs. Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! I love watching pop corn bags expand and explode in the microwave... I hope the metaphor translates. I am very encouraged. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete