Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Encountering...The Beginning

WOW! I'm blogging. Am I seriously blogging? I never thought I would do this, but here we are. And if you are reading this, welcome to the journey. I'm glad you're here.


I sat in silence glaring at my computer screen when the almighty "blogspot" demanded a name for this most public of journals. Cursor blinking, mind racing, face twisting in different directions as my heart pondered the most truthful way to identify this new venture. I glanced across the table and my eyes fell to a book titled "Encountering the New Testament." While it's simply a textbook for a survey class Dave was taking, its title stopped the twisting of my face and mind for an answer. And thus "Encountering" has been born.


I believe this time in my life will be one of encountering various truths. Truths about myself, about the Jesus I thought I knew, about what community really is, how to be the manager of a major retail coffee shop, marriage, and love.

And so, welcome my friend. I trust you will read my heart with the image of a baby bird. It's fragile, it's delicate, and in your hands you hold the power to give or take life. If handled gently, that baby bird will one day gain the strength and boldness to jump out of the hands that hold it and take to the skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment