Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day!!

Well, Happy belated Father's Day to all you wonderful dads out there!! Dave and I celebrated over multiple days because he had to work this weekend. It all started Friday afternoon with a little fingerpainting action with me and the Ninja. There aren't many pictures because once she realized there was goop on her fingers, choas ensued. Screaming, big fat crocodile tears. Not. A. Fan. But you can see the before and after anyway...
The sweetness, being all swallowed by her swimmy diaper. Yeah, I know, not going swimming, but it was the only disposable in the house. :-)


The Canvas and the Artist. Watch out world, here she comes!

Enjoying the green. (Which subsequently made her hand look cyanotic. Note to self.)

The closest-to-the-end-without-the-hysterics picture I got. Yes. She did eat a little green. Yes. It was non-toxic. No. I do not plan to make a habit of it. ;-)


The masterful finished product. Oh. Yeah. I said masterful. She is an artistic genius. :-)

As I mentioned, Daddy Dave had to work Friday night, so when he got home 'round midnight, he got to see his present.I was a terrible wife and would NOT let him open it. He just had to stare at it! muhahahahaha!  The pics with lil miss were shot the next morning, but this is (essentially) what he saw:



For all the NJ fans on my little space, here are some more shots of her enjoying the feel of the slick paper and the crazy colors.


So, after Dave opened his gift on Saturday morning, we ran off to have breakfast with his dad. It's always a great time with him, so that was wonderful. Then on Sunday, we celebrated fatherhood and children with our Chirst Church Brenham community (blog coming later about that) then with lunch with sweet friends and a grand dinner at home just the two of us. It was a great weekend of celebrating this new season in life.

And just so I don't forget what my fridge looks like with her very first picture on it:



1 comment: