Monday, June 20, 2011

5 months old!!

Yah. Way Late on this one. Sorry, friends.

Norah is 5 months old! (On June 12th that is...) Some shots of my sweet girl




  • I love her sweet disposition. Most of the time she is laid back and go-with-the-flow.
  • She absolutely LOVES her daddy. He can almost always make her smile.
  •  I love how her legs are getting just a little bit chunky and how she has wrist creases.
  • She enjoys the water, both the bath and the pool. Though when we first enter the pool the shock of the heat to cold gets her everytime. Her head jerks sideways as she looks to me for reassurance, brow furrowed and concern in her eyes. I laugh and smile and she recovers instantly.
  • She loves to roll around and gets frustrated when she can't get where she wants. 
  • She has recently started testing me when I put her down. I will lay her down somewhere and she will scream and squeal as if I'd never hold her again. After a few seconds of this tantrum, she looks at me, smiles and starts playing. (Oh boy...here we go!!)
  • She has developed a new squeal. Gone are the days of the newborn "warble." Now I hear that "all too soon to be tween squeal." You know, the one that makes most adults' faces screw up into all kinds of nastiness. Hopefully, we can nip that in bud before my face gets stuck. :-) (I can hear all you parents of daughters laughing and saying "good luck" under your breath.)
  • She is reaching for everything. Food on my plate, coupons in my hand, dust bunnies, toys, blankets and...well...you name it. My mommy reflexes are daily being honed.
  • She has a tooth! Geez..I almost forgot!! She got her first tooth two days before she turned 5 months old. Ahead of the curve on height and teeth, but weighs the same as one of my friends two month old.
  • Still bald. There is a little fur up there, but not much. She is definitely a Forman.
I'm enjoying being this sweet souls' mama. It's true what they say. It does go too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment