Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Twitter-pated!

It's funny the things that make my heart get a little twitter-pated. I admit that the word twitter-pated conjures up images of Thumper and "a beautiful female rabbit" from Bambi. His little foot patting the ground in rapid succession as he is overcome with saucer-eyes. Ahhh the evidence of new love.

(On a side note: did you know that the little girl rabbit is not named in the script?! She is referred to only as "a beautiful female rabbit" though many people now refer to her "Miss Bunny" ...please don't think my mind is filled with such useless knowledge...I looked it up solely to reference here. ;-)

I digress. Two days ago, I found myself being twitter-pated with my laundry basket.

It's new. My first BIG laundry basket. Until now, I have not really had a need for one. My small, round, cheap, $3 basket was accomplishing the mission just fine. Then, the ninja arrived and our laundry doubled! Funny how someone so small, with clothing so small can double the household laundry of two adults.

This statement "I found myself being twitter-pated with my laundry basket" begs the question...WHY, oh WHY were you twitter-pated with your new laundry basket?

I suppose it is symbolic of a new phase. An entry into a new "label" that I now carry, mommy. For me it represents responsibility, love, care, concern, and a home. And, all twitter-pated-ness aside, let's get real...A LOT more work!

So, here's to you, my new laundry basket, and many years and loads to come!



3 comments:

  1. I love your view on the little things in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the teeny tiny pink things can do a whoopsie-doodle to the heart too...and blue things...

    i used to throw a random baby sock on the floor and leave it laying there for a while...as a symbol of the little person living in our house. baby socks are even cuter left on the floor for some reason. :)

    which actually answers another question for me as to why I frequently could not find a matching pair of socks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking you were now on Twitter. Love you.

    ReplyDelete