Thursday, April 8, 2010

Audience of One

Father, 
You move so quickly sometimes, with such speed that its easy for my weak mind to even see that it is indeed you zipping by. You speak through others, through me even, and you do it so smoothly and discreetly that if I'm not looking, not watching for your appearances, I miss them. Open my eyes, my ears, my mind, my heart to see you in the day to day. I saw you today in Marsha's words; I believe you were in the midst of that wisdom. I saw you in this new job placement: the timing, the people, the boldness you gave me. I see you in my marriage - the miraculous healing you have done and continue to do. I see you in this move to Texas: our jobs, our family, our church -this deep community you have given us there; I can't wait to see what you do from here. You are everywhere. Moving all the time -providing, searching, knowing, loving, guiding, protecting. And there is peace that I can rest in these things. That despite the world - its demands and cries for attention and affection - despite the constant tearing at my spirit, that you are here. You are the center of it all and you Lord never fail. Help me see you. Help me know you. Help me rest in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment