Sunday, December 27, 2009

What for 2010?

Last year around this time, I started asking the Lord to speak about what 2009 would hold. He clearly spoke that it would be a year of change. At the time, the thought of more change in my life sent me into an emotional tailspin. He gently spoke for me to stick close to his side and I would be ok.

So, here I am teetering on 2010, and looking back, it seems I heard Him correctly. As I look back, I see: the ending of our Primerica business, a near nervous breakdown, a 900 mile move, a deep chasm between Dave and I becoming obvious, the deep chasm being closed, my mom is engaged, my sister is moving to Massachusetts, my grandparents have deteriorated mentally and may have to be moved into assisted living, two changes in careers (financial to welding and medical to retail management) and we put a contract on our first home. Needless to say, it has indeed been a year of change. I'm thankful for His warning; He knew I would need to hear it in advance, and that I would need to cling to it in the midst.

Looking ahead lies a new year, a new home, new friends, new ministries and new opportunity. I have never felt more united with my husband, more excited about passing days and more hopeful for a developing future.

I have begun asking the Lord what this year will hold and am excited for his answer.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete